2022 Proposed AFA Budget and Priorities – Upcoming Online Vote
Online vote has started on 12/21/2021 and will be open until 12/23/2021, 5:00pm. Please go to the “memebrs area” and then to the voting center.
December 15, 2021 – Online vote for 2022 AFA Budget and 2022 AFA Priorities & Enabling Actions starts next week – Tuesday, Dec. 21st at 8:00 AM and ends on Thursday, Dec. 23rd at 5:00 PM.
Click here for 2022 Proposed AFA Budget
Click here for 2022 Proposed AFA Priorities & Enabling Actions
Please click on the link below for the 2022 AFA Budget and Priorities discussion board. This discussion board is where members can post their questions and comments regards the 2022 Proposed AFA Budget and 2022 Proposed Priorities & Enabling Actions.
If you want to be notified every time someone posts on this discussion board, click on “Subscribe to this topic.” at the bottom of the discussion board page.
November 27, 2021
AFA Budget Workshop – November 30th at 9 AM.
More deeper dive stuff on the upcoming AFA FY22 budget:
Here is a quick overview of the AFA budget adoption process:
- Draft budget prepared before AFA Membership Budget Workshop, considering the known cost drivers and revenue projections for the FY22 fiscal.
- Significant cost drivers will be Spring 2022 bargaining and binding arbitration along with Fall 2022 City Council races
- November 30th, 2021 – AFA Membership Budget Workshop
- December 6th, 2021 – At AFA Eboard meeting, the proposed FY22 AFA budget is finalized
- December 7th, 2021 – AFA agenda posted announcing December 14h AFA General Membership Meeting
- December 14th AFA Membership Meeting where proposed AFA budget is presented
- December 21st to 23rd, online vote to adopt AFA Proposed budget
FY22 Budget notes
- FY 22 budget will be challenging given the over $425,000.00 spending on the Spring 2021 Binding Arbitration campaign
- The Council race for the Fall of 2022 is an important one. This is the first time that Council members of the first 10-1 Austin City Council will “term-out”. Therefore, we will have (5) new Councilmembers and (1) new Mayor as a result of this election. The AFA goal to is have a significant war chest established for this election.
- IF the firefighters and City management do not reach a deal at the bargaining table, approximately 30 days later we will enter a binding arbitration process. This is an expensive endeavor and will require large sums of money