January 4, 2022 – AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR UNION MEETING Date: 01-11-2022
Call meeting to order at 1300 hrs.
Swearing in of new members
Reading and approval of the December 2021 General Membership meeting minutes
Agenda Items –
- Motions – (See Below) For all posted AFA announcements, please go to local975.org – then Member Area – then Members Homepage
- EMS Merger Feasibility Study
- Wildfire Battalion Assignment Pay Grievance Update
- Material and Parental Leave Program Update
- THC Legality with Prescription and AFD Drug Testing
- Auto Aid Fire Ground Operating System
Political Action Committee Pension Committee Grievance Committee
E-Board Meeting Budget Report
-Any other reports
Motion (22-1)-Motion to approve an active AFA member dues assessment, with the following conditions.
- The dues assessment amount of $10.90 additional per pay period for up to 10 pay periods, likely starting on February 18th, 2022.
- This dues assessment will be collected by the AFA, but only spent if binding arbitration costs exceed estimated costs present in the AFA FY22 budget.
- The dollar amounts the AFA has budgeted for negotiations & binding arbitration is a strategic number and therefore confidential.
- The elected AFA trustees will be made aware for the confidential binding arbitration budgeted number and the AFA Trustees will review the binding arbitration expenditures, determine if the cost of binding arbitration have or will exceed the AFA estimate of the cost for binding arbitration, and then report this to the membership.
- After the conclusion of negotiations and binding arbitration, all expenditures will be released to the membership.
- All additional dues assessment amounts not spent, will be returned to the AFA membership by way of reduced AFA dues assessment in the future, as soon as possible and within 2022
Motion Maker-AFA E Board