January 17, 2022 – Online vote for Motion 22-1: Motion to approve an active AFA membership dues assessment starts January 18, 2022 at 8 AM and ends on January 20, 2022 at 5 PM.
Motion 22-1: Motion to approve an active AFA member dues assessment, with the following conditions:
- The dues assessment amount of S10.90 additional per pay period for up to 10 pay periods, likely starting on February 18, 2022.
- The additional dues assessment will be collected by the AFA, but only spent if binding arbitration costs exceed estimated costs present in the AFA FY22 budget.
- The dollar amounts the AFA has budgeted for negotiations & binding arbitration is a strategic number and therefore confidential.
- The elected AFA trustees will be made aware of the confidential binding arbitration budgeted number and the AFA Trustees will review the binding arbitration expenditures, determine if the cost of binding arbitration exceeds the AFA estimate of the cost for binding arbitration, and then report this to the membership.
- After the conclusion of negotiations and binding arbitration, all expenditures will be released to the membership.
- All additional dues assessment amounts not spent, will be returned to the AFA membership by way of reduced AFA dues assessment in the future, as soon as possible and within 2022.
Motion Maker: AFA Executive Board
Vote is only for Active Members (does not include retirees or probationary firefighters).